It’s still raining outside, so in a pathetically transparent attempt to delay going out on the bike in the wet again, I thought I’d do a quick blog post.
My sister warned me before I started this blog that I’d get obsessed with the stats that WordPress provides….that first time someone found the blog (well, someone that I didn’t know), the first 100 hits, the first 1000 etc etc. Wordpress also tells you what search terms brought people to the blog, and it is quite…er…interesting!
- TransRockies 2011 – not surprising that this is No 1 – if you Google that, this blog is on page one (usually)….eek!
- TransRockies Training is the next most popular – I just hope all the people who found my training plan aren’t following it – I made it up, and I don’t know anything!! Please don’t sue me if it doesn’t work for you.
- Best Bike for the Transrockies features pretty highly – not sure I can help with that – I can tell you what I tested, what I rode last time, and what I’ll ride this time…but the best one? Your call!
- Would you believe the next most popular search is variations on the them of monkey on a bike?! WTF? Why are so many people looking for monkey bicycle, monkey cycling, monkey on bike, monkey on bikes, monkey driving a bike (yes, driving), ape on a bike, orangutan on bicycle?!?! Get a life, guys! I wish I’d never put in that picture of a monkey on a bike…and I’ve just realised that repeating the phrase here will mean it gets found more….it’s a vicious circle!! (Actually, I was wondering what to do with this blog once I’d finished the Transrockies…now I know – I’ll blog about monkey bicycling…how niche is that!
After that, it all gets a bit random:
- booooored – how bored do you have to be to Google the word “booooored”
- detailed forecast for Llandovery Sunday 22nd May – very optimistic hoping to find that on my blog (p.s. it’s Wales, it’ll rain)
- TransRockies mtb bear sightings – NONE. THERE AREN’T ANY
- frozen feet cycling – I can help with that – Sidi boots
- sample training plan for 1.2k swim – pretty sure my training plan won’t help you!
- grass hill – um..what would you be looking for if you Google that? (and more to the point, did my blog meet your needs? I don’t remember mentioning a grass hill)
- boy on a green bike – must be looking for a photo of Mark
- and my favorite – fat man riding a bike – er….why?!
Anyway, the rain’s almost stopped, and I’m 8 hours short of my May target (I lost a week in the middle ‘cos of my TB/flu/pneumonia/slight cold) so I need to go out and cycle until 8:30 this evening. That’s not going to happen – I did 6.75 hours yesterday round Brechfa, and am a bit tired (!!) so today will be an hour or two to spin my legs out. Even 7-8 hours short of my plan, I’m still up on 2009 training.
p.s. this post is a blatant steal from Nic’s blog on the same subject a while back…except she does it much better (just as well, it’s her job!)
[update] my legs felt great, so I ended up doing 3 hours round the Gower..the sun came out and it was beautiful. And I’m only 3.5hrs down on plan!